Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief offers an opportunity for college students and recent college graduates to make a difference. Our paid summer internship focuses on leadership development in a disaster recovery setting. Our interns have the opportunity to learn key response skills such as chainsaw operation, flood recovery, mass-feeding, and logistics. They also gain soft skills in the areas of teamwork, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Previous interns have deployed to disaster sites in Missouri, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- This internship was created to provide one of the most impactful, unique, and challenging student missionary experiences in the country.
- For ten weeks our group may travel to wherever disaster calls, oftentimes multiple sites in one summer.
- Our interns will have the opportunity to serve those whose lives have been dramatically overturned.
- Our interns will be trained in chainsaw, flood recovery, shower/laundry, mass feeding, childcare, and other disaster recovery fields.
- Our interns will focus on leadership development through the hands-on opportunities provided.
- Our interns may deploy on a moment’s notice to areas affected by tornados, flooding, or other natural disasters.
- Our interns will receive a competitive stipend for each week of the summer.
- All food, lodging, and transportation expenses will be provided.
- Transportation to and from Jefferson City, MO will be the responsibility of each intern.
- May 27th, 2024, through August 2nd, 2024.
- December 31st is the application deadline.
- Applications received after December 31st may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Preference will be given to students who apply by December 31st, 2023.
- Students who apply by December 31st, 2023, and are accepted will receive a free gift.
- Students will be selected based on their application, video interview, and references.
- We strongly encourage applicants to have their driver’s licenses and passports.
Current undergraduate, graduate students, and recent college graduates may apply for the internship.
Yes, several students have received credit for the internship.
The dates for the internship are mandatory.