Missouri Baptist Disaster Relief (MODR) agrees to reimburse MODR Trained Volunteers at the IRS Charitable Rate (currently $.14/mile) if the following conditions are met:
- The vehicle contained two or more volunteers.
- The vehicle traveled in excess of 200 miles from home per event (only the miles above 200 will be reimbursed).
- The vehicle was traveling on an official MODR callout.
- The reimbursement request is made within 30 days of deployment.
- The bugeted funding for reimbursements has not been depleted.
- The reimbursement request is made with the appropriate MODR mileage reimbursement form.
If any one of these conditions are not met, we will not be able to process a reimbursement. On rare occasions exceptions may apply per the MODR State Director.
Some Disaster Relief volunteers may need to fill out a different form:
For questions on how this policy affects your taxes, please consult your tax advisor.